Wednesday 15 February 2012

Stud Jacket

So, I'm back. Minus the dissertation blues (handed in on Friday! *high five*) and plus a lovely new jacket.
A few years ago, I came across this picture of Mary Kate Olsen. I have been obsessed with getting some studded sleeves to call my own ever since, and have been searching for a similar one for so long now!


I've really wanted to get my hands on a new box jacket for a while. They're so flattering, and tailored pieces always sit so well on top of my flouncy dresses and wardrobe full of basics. So when I came across a bunch of large gold studs in my local haberdashery just after bagging myself a bargain box jacket from Primark no less... I decided to marry the two.

Here is the result of my shopping trip:





I'm unsure wether to add another 2/3 rows of studs..Or just leave it as it is? I'd love your thoughts! 

Total Cost: £32.. Not too shabby!

Lucy xx


3 comments:

  1. Oooooh I love it Luce! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg so cool! I'd leave it as it is or add 1 more row maximum. But I got to say it looks good like this :) I love it. How much did you pay for those studs? Were they expensive? Such a shame you cant buy them online, I'd love a link :(
    I definitely want to make my own jacket inspired by you :D
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lois,

      Thanks for your lovely comment!
      I payed about £16 for 50. You can get them on Ebay. Just search for 'Gold Studs' and they should come up :)

      xx

      Delete